Friday, June 29, 2012

Using What God Gave You A NOVITITATE SURVEY

.

Before I begin this next blog, I'm just letting you know I decided to stop typing out the readings and responses for the Fortnight for Freedom since I figure it is accessible enough from the link.  Plus I'm going on a week long retreat this Sunday (in the Poconos with my fellow Sister novices :D) and therefore will not have access to a computer.
 . 

O n   t o   t h e   n e x t   !

So today I took a survey in the novitiate house under the title of  Using What God Gave You.  I asked each Sister what she did today with her physical God-given gifts and am now sharing the colorful responses with you.  However, some of what I write will be what I observed since humility kept them from telling me how they helped around the house in unseen ways :)

How did you use your  h a n d s  and/or  a r m s  today?

Picked up the dishes for a fellow Sister novice
Raised my arms in praise!
Made a delicious pancake lunch
Sewed an apron and helped move furniture
Set the table for a busy Sister

How did you use your  legs  and/or  feet  today?

Went on a walk at 5:20 a.m.
Drove a van full of novices to Church for Mass
They received a massage from my hands!
Danced around while doing chores
Operated the vacuum cleaner

How did you use your ears today?

Was attentive to a neighbor
Heard some birds outside the window at 5 o'clock this morning
Listened for Sister's footsteps so I could say goodbye before she left this morning
Listened to some fiddeling music to get into cleaning mode
Heard the alarm clock and woke up on time!

How did you use your  <mouth>  today?

Asked someone if they needed help
Prayed from the Franciscan Office
Complimented the cook
Suggested a game of Dominoes which resulted in the quickest dinner clean-up ever
Prayed the Rosary

How did you use your eyes today?

Did some reading: news first, which was depressing, then spiritual, which was uplifting
Saw mums and thought of my mom
Read about the high school memories of graduates from 1962!
Noticed the beauty of God in creation
Edited chronicles for a Sister -- "I saw it, and it was good!"

How did you use your nose today?

Smelled the soap I put in the bathroom
Smelled the garlic cooking! Mmm Mmm Mmm
Wrinkled it at the smell the Murphy's oil
Sniffed out the source of a flowery scent
Opened up its passageways! (Hint hint...)


How did YOU use your hands/arms, legs/feet, ears, mouth, eyes and nose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment