Wednesday, February 22, 2012

COLOR ME HOPE

Color Me Hope

Black men and women
breaking the silence of fear and doubt

Green grass
piercing through layers of death

Cool blue waves
tearing down the structures of injustice

Yellow canaries
singing the hymns of freedom

Black men and women
showing the colors of hope

Rise to new life
Overcome adversities
Love courageously
Color me Hope

Sister Desire' Anne-Marie 

Dedicated to all men and women who have given their lives to build a world based on Hope.

6 comments:

  1. Well...that was absolutely beautiful. Like the "Springtime" of mens' hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MK!

      The springtime image does come through and ties into the budding of "new life" that I was trying to portray, especially within our hearts... Good connection :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice tribute and such talent! Praise God! S. Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sister Christine!

      I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement :) Praise God, indeed! Not only for our talents, but for being able to share them with one another in love!

      Delete
  3. OK, time to get serious, I have been checking in and now I have a question ... when did you first KNOW you had a calling to be a sister, religious woman?

    The Seeker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Seeker!

      I am so glad you asked and I am sorry that it has taken me so long to respond; but I must delay my response for just a bit longer! Would you prefer a quick summary or a whole blog dedicated to the subject? I'd be glad to do either! I leave it in your hands :)

      Delete